New Congressional Documents Prove Planned Parenthood Illegally Profited From Selling Aborted Baby PartsLeave a comment
2016-04-21 by Diana fka Desi Foxx
New documents produced by a Congressional committee show the Planned Parenthood abortion business profited from the sales of aborted baby parts. The documents provide more evidence that a Center for Medical Progress video already put forward that the abortion company is violating federal law prohibiting the profiting from the sales of body parts from aborted children.
The Center for Medical Progress released an expose’ video earlier this year that caught the Planned Parenthood abortion business apparently using illegal accounting tricks to hide profits generated from the sale of aborted baby parts.
The video at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast’s massive Houston abortion clinic anddocuments from a Texas Public Information Act request show how Planned Parenthood used accounting gimmicks to hide its illegal sale of body parts from aborted babies. The video highlights previously overlooked footage from the April 9, 2015 site visit of investigative journalists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt from The Center for Medical Progress to the abortion facility.
Now, a new white paper on the pricing of aborted bay parts from the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives reveals Planned Parenthood appears to be breaking the law. The document points out that “to profit from the acquisition or transfer of fetal tissue violates Title 42 USC §289 g-2, which prohibits the transfer of any fetal tissue for valuable consideration that exceeds the reasonable costs associated with the procurement.”
The white paper and accompanying exhibits show that the middleman company StemExpress does all of the work to transfer the aborted baby parts — making it so Planned Parenthood is spared any significant expense, thus leaving it with pure profit from the sale of the parts.
“The [abortion clinic] has no costs so the payments from the [procurement business] to the [abortion clinic] are pure profit,” the report concludes. “All costs are born by the [procurement business] or the customer. The payments from the customer to the PB exceed its cost by a factor of 300 to 400 percent.”
“The abortion industry sells baby hearts, livers, brains, hands and other organs procured by a middleman company inside their facilities at no cost or effort to the facilities themselves. The facility receives upfront fees that can amount to five-figure sums every month and then the procurement companies resell organs for tens of thousands more—depending on the child’s characteristics,” Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, said in a release. “The documents make clear there is absolutely no cost to the abortion clinic so that all monies received go to their bottom line.”
The document also reveals 1 in 5 abortion clinics, whether they were affiliated with Planned Parenthood or independent abortion centers, were selling the body parts of aborted babies when CMP began exposing the sales at Planned Parenthood.
Rep. Marsha Blackburn, the head of the select panels, commented on the new findings: “The release of those horrific videos last summer raised many questions about whether abortion clinics and middleman tissue procurement businesses were profiting from the sale of baby body parts, organs and tissues.”
She said about a hearing today that will investigate the new documents further: “This hearing will examine business documents, invoices, marketing brochures, and management documents that reveal one for-profit procurement business and several abortion clinics may have acted in violation of federal law by profiting from the sale of baby body parts, organs and tissues.”
David Daleiden of CMP commented on the new documents and said “The financial documents uncovered by the Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives prove that Planned Parenthood profited from the sale of aborted baby parts to their long-time business partner StemExpress.”
“The facts are now undeniable that Planned Parenthood had no “costs” to “reimburse” and every dollar they received for little baby hearts, brains, and livers netted illegal profit. Planned Parenthood lied to the media, to Congress, and to the American people for 9 months falsely asserting they had no financial benefit from supplying baby parts. Now, Planned Parenthood and their partners in crime must face justice under the law for their barbaric criminal profiteering from aborted baby parts,” he continued.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the twelve videos:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
Senator Passionately Condemns Sales of Aborted Babies: “Babies are Not the Sum of Their Parts”
During a Congressional hearing today on new documents showing Planned Parenthood illegally profited from the sale of aborted baby parts, pro-life Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska gave passionate testimony condemning the practice.
Here’s what Senator Sasse had to say and video of his moving testimony:
Questions of profit and legality matter because we are talking about people. It matters whether or not procurement businesses broke the law.
It matters whether or not abortion clinics line their pockets through the dismemberment and distribution of children—all while receiving tax dollars. It matters because we are talking about the tiny limbs of babies with dignity—the broken yet still precious children of mothers and fathers.
I am unashamedly pro-life. I understand that others disagree. Our disagreement over abortion will sometimes be heated, but wherever possible, we should look for consensus.
Here, on this basic reality, we can and must find agreement: Babies are not the sum of their body parts. Babies are not meant to be bought. Babies are not meant to be sold. Babies are just that—babies. They’re meant to be welcomed and rejoiced over, held and nurtured.
Sasse’s testimony begins at the 30 minute mark in the following video and his full remarks appear below:
Today, U.S. Senator Ben Sasse, who has introduced S.2066 the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, testified before the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives at hearing to examine the pricing of fetal tissue and whether abortion clinics and middleman businesses were making a profit from the transfer of human fetal tissue — a violation of federal law.
Sasse’s testimony, as prepared for delivery, is found below:
Good Morning Madam Chairman,
Thank you for the opportunity to testify before the Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives. Many of us in the Senate, like you in the House, and more importantly millions of Americans watched with grief and horror the video footage of abortion clinic doctors and others discussing the sale of baby body parts for profit. As a legislator, but more importantly as the father of three precious little ones, I support your investigation and commitment to get to the bottom of what is going on.
Let’s begin by stating clearly that we should not have to be here today. When Congress passed the 1993 National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act, California Democrat Henry Waxman appropriately noted:
“This amendment that I am offering as a substitute would enact the most important safeguards, and those are the safeguards to prevent any sale of fetal tissue for any purpose, just not for the purpose of research. It would be abhorrent to allow for a sale of fetal tissue and a market to be created for that sale.”
Words are important. The report language for the NIH Revitalization Act and the floor debate created a very clear legislative intent that “no one should profit from the sale of fetal tissue.”
Yet here, in today’s documents and exhibits, we see the following: A procurement business brochure and website that urges “partner with us and improve the profitability of your clinic improve your clinic’s bottom line financially profitable.” That procurement business offers a payment per tissue to abortion clinics and offers to do all the work. The Abortion Clinic appears to have no costs. It appears to be precisely about profit.
Questions of profit and legality matter because we are talking about people.
It matters whether or not procurement businesses broke the law.
It matters whether or not abortion clinics line their pockets through the dismemberment and distribution of children—all while receiving tax dollars.
It matters because we are talking about the tiny limbs of babies with dignity—the broken yet still precious children of mothers and fathers.
As the committee’s exhibits indicate—web pages exist where a customer can click on a drop-down box listing every organ in the baby’s body for sale. Just click on a brain, a heart, eyes, or scalp and then select your gestation period and then proceed to check out and select your shipment method. We should pause to linger here… and our humanity should be repulsed.
In this committee room, and across the country, we will have passionate discussions and disagreements over the legality, the justice, and the social implications of abortion policy.
Like many of us in this room, like a majority of Nebraskans, and like a majority across the nation, I believe that every baby is precious and worthy of legal protection, even at her earliest phases of development.
I am unashamedly pro-life.
I understand that others disagree. Our disagreement over abortion will sometimes be heated, but wherever possible, we should look for consensus.
Here, on this basic reality, we can and must find agreement: Babies are not the sum of their body parts. Babies are not meant to be bought. Babies are not meant to be sold.
Babies are just that—babies. They’re meant to be welcomed and rejoiced over, held and nurtured.
Outside of our Congressional responsibilities here, many of us do welcome, hold and nurture children—we adopt, foster, and mentor them and offer hope, support, and encouragement to their parents.
Madam Chairman, your work can and does transcend politics.
I appreciate also your concern with children born alive inside an abortion clinic and the treatment they receive. When I think of all the survivors of abortion and think about your investigation into the sale baby parts for profit, it makes born-alive legislation all the more important.The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act has already passed the U.S. House of Representatives by bipartisan vote of 248 to 177.
I had the privilege of introducing the Senate companion legislation and invite my colleagues in the Senate—on both sides of the aisle—to work together and pass this bill.
This law would simply ensure that babies who survive abortions get a fighting chance by requiring medical attention that would be offered to any other premature baby at the same age.
No life is disposable. No child deserves to have her life ended cold and alone—struggling for breath—in an abortion clinic.
We Americans frequently cheer for the vulnerable. We fight for the minority. We protect the powerless from the powerful. Baby girls and boys are fighting for their lives.
I encourage my colleagues to fight for them and support S. 2066, the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.
Madam Chairman, we look forward to monitoring the progress of this investigation, and thank you again for including me in this important hearing.